I’ve developed a love for cooking (self taught), even more now that I’m a vegetarian (pescetarian, i eat fish), so come along with me while i experiment and cook myself happy.
Chickpeas salad/Red kidney bean salad
one of my favorites fills you up and its easy to make. I cook a big batch and put them in breast feeding bags (yes seriously lol) and freeze them, take it out the night b4 i use it leave it in the fridge take it to work. It can work as a snack or a meal and a topping for rice or pasta, pitta bread anything that you want to add it to.
you will need:
- 1 can of chickpeas/red kidney beans (wash them before you cook them please)
- 1/2 can tomato sauce (your favorite, i use a but more for the red kidney bean)
- green peppers
- 1/2 can of sweet corn (love this gives it a sweet taste)
- 3 small white potatoes
- onion (to your liking)
- garlic (to your liking)
- black pepper (to your liking/optional)
- olive oil (also to your liking, but don’t ever kill them in oil)
you can add whatever and as much vegetables as possible. Sometimes i add thin slices of potatoes if I’m eating it as a main meal.
open can of chickpeas, drain in a strainer and wash with running water
wash all vegetables, i don’t care if it came in a bag ready to eat, wash it please!!
chop vegetables to your liking, i like mine really small esp the green peppers, gives it a nice crunch, if i’m in a hurry i do them big.
on a sauce pan, place olive oil to heat up then add your chopped onion and garlic until they are translucent or slightly brown.
on a low add your veggies then the tomato sauce
finally add the chickpeas, you have to flip then so both sides get the sauce, basically don’t drown it in the sauce but you want both sides to be cooked
yeast free (more like a flat bread with a Mememanci twist)
I don’t follow measurements i estimate most things, the less ingredients the better in my book, need to be simple and something that can be made on most budgets.
- whole wheat flour
- baking powder
- pinch of salt (options depending on my mood i don’t add it, I don’t use much salt ever)
- dried basil leaves (i love this id add it to everything if i got a chance hehe)
Preheat oven while getting the ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients together then add the water mix with spoon or hand, its a bit stretchy/sticky add flour to make it not stick to your rolling surface. I don’t do yeast cause i don’t got the time.